Sunday, October 26, 2014

Weekend Fun

My favorite weekends are ones spent with my two favorite boys. This weekend was a busy one but we were together enjoying ourselves. We enjoyed some traditional fall/halloween fun and got to have dinner with my best friend, her husband and youngest boy! 

We kicked our weekend off by carving pumpkins Friday night. Blake was so funny about cleaning them out. He was so grossed out by it he got chills. I laughed every time he stuck his hand in there. I was unsuccessful at capturing his reaction on camera. He eventually told me to do it because it was yucky. I ended up giving him a plastic glove to wear so that we would actually touch the pumpkin guts. (I had to wear one too because when I clean out a pumpkin it breaks my skin out in itchy red bumps no fun.) Andrew carved one pumpkin and Blake and I did the other. Our pumpkin looked like a 3 year old did it. Which he tried. I cut the mouth and when I walked away he cut one of the teeth out! Andrew's turned out much better! (I cut the bottom of the pumpkin, that way as it shrivels up it maintains it shape/face longer.) 

Saturday was a busy day. In the morning we did what we always do, laid around in bed as long as possible. Actually I was up at 4am working on some blog stuff for another time but my boys were both snoozing away until about 8am. I went back to bed to watch cartoons with them when they were both awake. We finally got ourselves together and headed out the door a little before noon. We went for lunch at Jason's Deli which allowed me to maintain my vegan eating habits. I actually really like their salad bar but was SO sad that I couldn't have ranch dressing on my salad. Once I started eating I didn't actually miss it. After lunch we rushed out to Sand Springs to meet one of Andrew's (and my) buddies at a car show. It was fun to walk around with Blake and hear him talk about the cars. He kept wanting to find Charlie and ask him if he was working on the race cars! 
After the car show we headed to Owasso for a birthday party. We got there way early so we drove around and happened to see a fire truck and police car outside Home Depot. Andrew being the awesome daddy that he is pulled into the parking lot without hesitation! They were having a fire safety day or something. We spent an hour with one of the firemen walking around the truck with Blake. The man was so patient and kind. He answered all 100 of Blake's why questions. It was so fun to watch and listen to them talk. Blake also got into the fire truck but wouldn't do it without his daddy. It was the first time he actually got into a fire truck even though he has had at least 4 previous opportunities to do so. We finally gave the fireman a break and talked to a police officer long enough for him to write Blake a ticket! Haha! Blake asked for one because we always tell him that police officers will write us a ticket if we speed.
We finally pulled Blake away from the emergency responders by reminding him of the reason we came to Owasso to begin with, Kealey's birthday party! He had been begging to go to her house to play all day long. She had a princess and prince party. Blake dressed as a knight. He didn't actually know what a knight was but we talked about how they protect the castle. It also just so happened that on Saturday morning Daniel Tiger had an episode where they were playing knights! Misty had the cutest table set up with cake, cupcakes and cake pops but I failed to take a picture of it. I did get one of the birthday princess and the knight!
I'm not sure of the last time you saw a knight but I bet he wasn't that cute!
After the party we met my best friend Megan, her husband and their littlest child for dinner at Bricktown Brewery Owasso. Megan and I had fun talking and laughing while our husbands talked and watched football. Blake was worn out from the party and entertained by games and movies on my phone while the adults talked. It became very obvious to our husbands that Megan and I are actually a lot more alike than they realized! I can't wait to do dinner with them again soon!

Today our plan was to just stay home. I was going to deep clean the kitchen until I realized that Andrew was planning on finishing ripping up the kitchen floor. Yay! He took Blake to the tool store and I started laundry and did some other light cleaning. When they got back Blake and I went out back with soap and scrubbers while Andrew got busy getting the tile ripped up. Blake and I washed all the furniture and toys to get the nasty dog pee smell out. We cleaned the patio off too. Blake made a huge mud hole in his digging area. We scrubbed the back door and the house to get all the mud off from Cooper jumping on it all the time. I always have a plan to take the backyard back but now I just want to make it a space we can share with the dog. A much better way of thinking really. Tonight while Andrew was giving Blake a bath I went out and sprayed this stuff we bought on all the places Cooper keeps peeing. I also sprayed it on our flower beds to hopefully keep him out of there. It smelled like cinnamon, eww. I just hope it works! Tonight Andrew read Blake his favorite fall book which we read multiple times a week. I love watching them snuggle together. It fills my heart with so much joy!
Look at that floor! No more uneven surface to walk on. 
Blake tonight at dinner.
He was so excited his pizza was in its own box!
We even got the fireman discount because he was wearing his firefighter costume.
The sweetest sight ever! I love my boys!

We had a great weekend spending time together as a family. Sometimes I think I loose sight of the importance of enjoying our family the way it is right here right now. I love us the way we are! 

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! What fun things did you do with your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment