Monday, September 22, 2014

Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie

For a while when we first got our vitamix I made the same smoothie every single day. I had stopped making it for a long time and just started making it again this week. Oh my it is the best! I get a chocolate fix anytime I have this. I'm not a chocolate obsessed person either, I actually prefer no chocolate. Somehow this smoothie does it for me though! It's yummy and it is packed with protein.

Here's how to make it. (recipe adapted from the chocolate cherry smoothie in the Eat To Live Cookbook) 

Serves 2


2 handfuls of baby spinach
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1 TBS cocoa powder
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 banana
1 cup frozen blueberries
splash of vinalla extract
2 TBS ground flax seed

Throw it all in a blender and blend. Pour into a fun glass and enjoy!
This is the best picture I have of it.
It's so yummy and I enjoyed it while watching Blake play with his shark in the sink!

1 comment:

  1. We love smoothies at our house, too! It's fun to play around with different recipes!

    ReplyDelete